Baobab Services Limited (company number 09905920) ("Baobab Sales Recruitment") is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience and we understand the importance of protecting the confidentiality of our clients and candidates. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through our office is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
Baobab Sales Recruitment recognise and address our obligations under the provisions of GDPR and this statement outlines our policy.
Baobab Sales Recruitment provides services in the UK and will act as the Data Controller with regards to your information.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It:
We collect information from all users of Baobab Sales Recruitment services, whether this is via our website, in person or via an affiliated partner or external job board.
Information is also voluntarily provided to us by candidates and clients when creating an account or signing up for our services. Personal information relating to an individual is collected during candidate registration interviews, telephone calls, email correspondence and reference checks. Client information is also collected during meetings, telephones calls and events we attend or host. In addition to the information provided we may also collect and check data from third parties such as companies house and accredited bodies.
We never knowingly collect more personal data than is strictly necessary to perform our tasks in providing work finding services.
Baobab Sales Recruitment may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include - sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Baobab Sales Recruitment;
- our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting and is not shared with anybody else.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, you can reply to the emails with unsubscribe in the body – requesting to be removed from the database or deleted off all of our records.
Curriculum vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the Baobab database and will be accessible by employees of the Baobab business.
You are able to update or remove your information at any time by emailing email@example.com we will actively remove this for you within a given time which will be advised due to demand.
Regarding our database access, you have the right to:
- Request the details we hold on you
- Request data corrections of any details we hold on you
- Opt out of all non-essential email communications
- Remove consent of data processing
- Request to be forgotten from our databases and systems
With this, we may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. If you would like to make a request for information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to us to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Baobab Sales Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
Data Sharing & Disclosure
Except as set out herein and where required or permitted by law or a court of competent jurisdiction, Baobab Sales Recruitment will not reveal any personal data about you to any third party.
Information will be shared internally within the business to provide work finding, recruitment and payroll services. We will only share information with third parties when required as part of our work finding or recruitment services. Candidate’s personal data will only be shared with our business clients who have a legitimate interest and only then with the candidate’s permission.
Your data may be disclosed to any person, firm or company to whom we sell the whole or a substantial part of our business or to whom we may transfer any part of our rights or obligations. We may also disclose your information where necessary to enforce our Terms of Business or other agreements or if necessary to prevent, detect or prosecute illegal or suspected illegal activities or to prevent other damage in response to a legal action against Baobab Sales Recruitment.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal data security is our highest priority. We have taken steps to protect your information by limiting the access to our network and locations where your data is stored. Our team only access data which is required to complete their job function. Further information on the security features of our system are available on request. Although we do our best to protect the information you share via the internet, anything you submit via the internet is done so at your own risk.
Baobab Sales Recruitment keeps your data for 2 years before it is actively removed without futher consent for storage given.