Senior Systems Engineer - Telecoms / Software
Location: Portsmouth / Fareham / Southampton /Remote
£50k - £60k per annum
Benefits: holiday allowance, pension, healthcare, flexible working, training and development, free parking.
My client, a progressive customer experience, analytics software solutions provider telecoms and software provider based in Hampshire are looking for a senior system engineer to work predominantly on existing client base. This subject matter expert role is a core technical position within the business that acts as a consultant and technical lead for any support queries. They require an advanced to expert level of knowledge and understanding of modern telephony architecture, applications, infrastructure, systems design and integrations.
You will be involved in delivering ongoing support to our clients enuring their success through great customer service and problem resolution, including key stages of the project life cycle, from supporting presales, service design through to providing escalation for operational support. A pivatol role within a growing business with a real opportunity for career development.
· Strong working knowledge of modern IP phone systems, SIP trunking, dial plans, CLI presentation etc.
· Strong working knowledge of distributed systems, utilising client server architecture.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving, investigating and resolving issues by eliminating possible causes from most to least likely.
· Excellent communication skills. The ability to explain core concepts to customers in simple language.
· A good working knowledge of IP networking concepts; addressing, certificates, MPLS, bandwidth utilisation and sizing, QOS etc.
· Familiarity with web based technologies, basic web-server setup and security concepts.
· Working knowledge of Cloud based Systems to include AWS and AZURE.
· Working knowledge of migration to cloud services from Data Centre architecture.
· Working knowledge of either AWS Connect or Twilio an advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years’ experience in telecoms solutions, Implementation and configuration and Support