373 – Senior Developer
Based in Portsmouth / Up to £50,000 DOE
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Free Parking, progression, Training and development, Pension
My client is looking for a very competent and stand alone in the first instance Senior Developer to support their ambitious plans for a new multi-tenant platform that is innovative and a very exciting project! The role will require a leader, someone who can direct the Senior Management Team in the right direction, to ensure the correct decision is made and to make our visions come true.
The primary role will be to lead the development projects for a new SaaS project that the company has chosen to invest in. A working Proof of Concept application has already been created in ASP Web Forms and desire is for the application to be an MVC framework, multi tenanted SaaS platform in the future.
The platform is expected to utilise Microsoft Azure infrastructure for all its services, and you will be expected to work with the technical team to scope resource requirements for deployment. You will be expected to use Azure DevOps and Visual Studio to build and deploy the platform, as well as for ensuring source and version control, bug tracking, update management, task management, code sprint management and documentation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analysing system requirements and prioritising tasks as per the PM plan
- Take ownership of product lifecycle through implementation of DevOps framework
- Writing and Documenting applications within Microsoft based ecosystems and programming languages (such as .NET and MVC frameworks)
- Develop technical specifications and architecture
- Deployment and Debugging within an Azure Infrastructure
- Test and debug in Azure environments
- Documentation and Source Control
- Deploy fully functional applications
- Support Junior Developers and Outsourced project teams where required
- Document development and operational procedures
The successful candidate will:
- Have exceptional communication skills, written and oral, and be comfortable in accurately challenging assumptions of SMT.
- Have previous worked developing SaaS solutions within a development team.
- Additional preference will be given to candidates with demonstratable skills from inception to deployment
- Have an appreciation and understanding for DevOps processes from inception to release, and for deploying updates and other tasks.
- Additional preference will be given for candidates with experience or certifications in of Azure DevOps (AZ-400)
- Hold industry recognised certifications, preferably MCSD, in .NET, MVC, C#, ASP.NET.
- Additional preference will be given to those who have MCSD Certifications for developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services (MS 70-486), ASP.NET MVC Web Applications (MS 70-487) or Building Applications and Solutions with Microsoft 365 Core Services (MS-600).
- Have experience of working with junior or outsource teams for code sprints