339 – Business Development Manager – IT Consultancy
Permanent – core work hours – 0830hrs – 1730hrs
Hampshire and Surrounding Locations
Free Parking + Bonus + Car Allowance + Perkbox and other incentives
Salary Negotiable – up to £65k per annum + Bonus dependent on delivery experience
My Client, an exciting and growing IT Consultancy is looking for an enterprise Business Development Manager to drive new IT consultancy projects in the Customer Insight and Customer Value Management arenas of their business. Their core client base is Enterprise and Large business.
Core verticals include - Retail, Finance, Technology, Travel and Gaming – large consumer businesses large data sets to analyse and optimise.
To support our clients with their change agenda in our focus areas. We are looking for highly ambitious, competent and driven individuals who believe they can drive the growth of the business. The role will be responsible for selling the businesses consultancy services, technical solutions and ad hoc partnership opportunities to gain new business and ensure consistent business growth.
Short – Mid Term:
- Own & develop a client prospect target plan and identify key target contacts to implement account plans (using key internal stakeholders to leverage relationships) to meet these contacts.
- You will develop effective client engagements and convert them into formal contractual relationships.
- Using various sales methodologies and techniques, you will understand the needs of clients and prospects and bring fresh ideas and value to them using the given solutions and leveraging technical internal assets to write and define proposals.
- You will resourcefully win new consultancy projects within the customer value and insight market ensuring pipeline is being developed and brand recognition in this field is steadily increasing
- Network, attend client visits, create events and attend all industry and vertical events to ensure visibility of brand and yourself as an industry advisor and expert to this sector.
- Create and develop a sales strategy to build a new business and account management sales team around you to ensure consistent sales and revenue growth.
- You will be responsible for the success and delivery of all consultancy sales development.
- Lead and grow a highly motivated and dedicated team of sales professionals to success selling high value propositions into large corporate and enterprise businesses
- You will develop and continuously evaluate performance metrics to drive operational efficiency and customer success.
You will have:
- Proven track record of success delivering new business in a senior sales role within a significant consulting company or client services position in an IT Consultancy / Project Environment
- Specific experience in developing new business, it is a significant part of this role, with new and current customers, frequently at the C-suite levels of the organisations which look after the relevant market sector.
- Be able to advise clients on how they can create performance advantage through better analysis and understanding of their existing data.
- Have great interpersonal skills and experience of developing effective, long-lasting relationships as a consultant with significant influencing abilities
- Have excellent commercial and financial awareness and business acumen, including a good understanding of risk specifically relating to both cyber risk and the risks which customers manage on a regular basis
- Strong IT Transformation / Digital Transformation / Technical knowledge / Big Data / Infrastructure knowledge and a consultative selling approach
- The ability to expanding existing accounts and new business development along with exceptional relationship, presentation, communication and listening skills
- A client-centric mentality; where you understand that the best sales meetings are rooted in deep, two-way conversations
Qualifications, skills and experience required for the post:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Will have at least 4 years previous experience in a similar role within a consulting focused company
- Experience of building sustainable client relationships within Private Sector organisations and to be recognised and respected by clients and colleagues as a knowledgeable, valued and trusted professional
- Experience of interpreting clients strategic, operational and external drivers for change, gaining respect, building trust and inspiring clients by anticipating their needs and exceeding expectations within the private sector.
- Experience of generating a vision and leading teams, establishing direction and motivating people to focus efforts and build commitment towards achieving business goals